Sunday, February 13, 2011

Coldplay

As i was lying on my double decker bed in my room, i heard a strange yet familiar song coming from my antique radio. I moved aside to face my radio and turned up the volume. I know, its 'Clocks' from Coldplay, the British band. Eventhough i have been a fan of them for decades, i still find it odd whenever i hear that song being played on the radio. What i love most about their music is that the tunes are usually soft and haunting. Believe me when i say tehat the songs belted out by lead vocalist can lull you to sleep in a matter of minutes. Chris Martin, the vocalist who is married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow, possesses this incredible voice that can drain away all your worries and sorrows when you listen to his songs. Whenever i feel sad or resentful, i always listen to songs like, 'Life in Techicolor', 'In my place', and 'Yellow'. The soft subtle music of the songs help me to mellow down and relax as i sip a cup of sizzling hot Lipton tea. Then i will fall asleep instantly. Looks like i dont need an aspirin afterall. I have my own musical remedy, and that is the british band Coldplay.
Maybe in the future, Coldplay will win an award for the most coolest alternative rock of all time. I would definitely vouch for that.

No comments: