I had no idea who Rebecca Black is until my lecturer announced that we’re supposed to write a blog about her. Well I dug up pieces of information about her and I found out from Wikipedia that she’s actually a 13 year old singer who became a youtube sensation after singing ‘Friday’. Another wannabe I suppose. ‘Sigh’. Rebecca Black hails from Anaheim Hills, California. She grew up listening to popular singers among tweens such as Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber. She loves dancing and she even auditioned for school shows, attended music summer camps aka ‘Camp Rock’ and she tried her luck by singing publicly in 2008 after joining the patriotic group Celebration USA.
I seriously cannot believe that her mother, Georgina Kelly actually paid 2000 dollars to ‘Ark Music Factory’ (record label) for a package that included a choice of two pre-written songs. The main concept for the ‘Friday’ video is presented as a typical Friday for Rebecca. It starts with her waking up, going to school and meeting her friends on the way. Talk about the life of a thirteen year old.
Eventhough I haven’t heard her song yet but I personally think that she’s just some thirteen year old music junkie who wants to be famous in a blink of an eye. But too bad she received terrible reviews and comments from those people who thought her songs sucked. Who would thought a thirteen year old girl would get comments like ‘I hope you cut yourself and die’ or ‘ I hope you cut yourself and I hope you’ll get an eating disorder so you’ll look pretty’. I know this sounds mean but I really hope she will choke on those comments. That would teach her not to grab negative attention from the public. The conclusion, being famous can be a bad thing too if ur song sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment